Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my recent life in pictures



yes, mom, i finally managed it :). this is a collection of highlights from my photographic life. it's in backwards order chronologically and it's beautiful and it's overwhelming and i love everything about it. enjoy. love from jordan. <3<3<3




view from the reins.
mountains on every side.
camels in the parking lot.
our caravan.
my roommate riding a camel. she's such a bamf.
so there were 4 people waiting for camels when i got there, but they grabbed me out of line and brought me to this one- screaming, rolling on the ground, trying to kill our bedouin friend here. my camel was a rock star; he had quite an attitude. so this is my screaming camel.
my beloved muhammed. we were bffs.
the desert is just so big. it's like an ocean... but with sand. (my metaphors give away my history, haha).
morning
even after the sunrise, we watched the morning for awhile. when you're up at 6am, why not? below is our camp and in the distance someone is practicing his high kick and fighting the wind.
i'm always on mountains these days.
hazy mornings, watching the sky.
too pretty not to post another one.
sunset to sunrise, and i'm always on a mountain.
i didn't take this one (obvi since i'm in it)- it's the 3 of us watching the sunset on the mountain.

love these kids. how did i ever live without them?
sunset from the mountain
the haze gathers in pockets, between sand dunes and mountains



evening in the desert, wind and sand and 80 miles an hour
sand dune races
shadows like marks, proof that we were there.
afraid of heights? no way. these are days of fear-conquering.
oh we are so cute. taken by our yalla-man friend.
after the stampede.
hazy in the desert
i found a flower in the desert. here we're sitting in the arch below and talking.
the arch. we climbed down from the mountain and stood inside.
desert wind
hearts and alleyways
dangerous? psshh. we drove this way for a ways, into an alley where our sketch taxi driver here (on the left holding the door "closed"? yeah that's him) took our passports and sprinted away with them... to photocopy them, of course. wow my life is ridiculous.
the moon has risen over this building every night for 800 years.
newer damascus
mosque + alien
ohm qassoum, looking over the city. it was overwhelming, i have never felt so full of... everything.
old city in damascus
beautiful.
the omawayyeeeeefhagkjdshiiin mosque (aka ummayad).
and they write love on the walls.
i have never seen anything more beautiful. damascus has my heart.
breakfast in syria
nutella picnic at the syrian border. get it, girrrl.
her first nutella experience IN LIFE... quite a memorable moment.
also on the menu were sheep testicles and other similarly appetizing items.
i'm sure we're not the ONLY people to ever have been pringle ducks on the syrian border, but we were definitely the best.
welcome to syria
me, about to burn my wad of syrian cash. ladies and gentlemen, i am shway gangsta.
my beloved propane truck. i hear ice cream music just looking at it.
take from my garden. see the funnel? it's our landmark.
god, amman is beautiful.
and it is so big. i can't get over it. 
view from the garden
i then picked and ate this lemon, i will have you know. beautiful day.
we were "studying" in the garden
the stairs of doom... doomlike, no?
view from the walk home
the wheelbarrow hasn't been rightside up since i moved in
this picture is in my house. we don't know why. it's kind of creepy.
our unnecessary 2 living rooms
one of the first pictures i took of amman
untitled
crescent
our train being "attacked" by bedouins (who let me ride their horses)




the sunrise over heathrow airport, london. no idea what time it was for me.

sunrise in a box

rainy garden, rainy camera lens
my garden
offroading
in case you didnt believe me that it snows here
water shortage?

our own personal waterfall

raindrop
everything about this picture is so standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment